March 5, 2010

Now For You Local Weather Update!

Stuff to fix:
I need to work on making the backgrounds of these images darker, or making a little dark spot, to support the text so that I don't need to use the banner, which looks really awkward. I also need to continue to work with the type. I used helvetica in the billboards, and impact in the buses, just to continue messing around with them. I'm not sure what font I want to use, but I'm sure I don't want to use either of those, haha. I'll continue looking.








Stuff to fix:
Again, the type is going to be change. I know that impact is way to cheesy, I was just trying to play around with the density of the text and squishing it as much as I could. Also, again, I need to find dark spots to arrange the text in, so that the type is readable. In addition to that, I'll be reducing the size of the logo on the background, even though I kind of like a huge and obnoxious it is.




And here's my first try at the interstitial! What a funny word! I had a lot of fun with this, and I'd like to think that I've got a good start and am going in the right direction (with a lot of stuff I need to work on, of course). Flash is a pain in the tush, but I have to admit it's growing on me. Maybe it's the motion graphics though, and not the program, haha. It's almost silly to upload it, being that it's only 8 seconds long, and without being able to loop it it's hard to see everything in such little time.

Weather tests from Kelsey Anderson on Vimeo.


Notes to work from:
  • wind is like lighting, it's moving around too much!
  • the snow needs to only go in one direction, it's also doing too much.
  • tagline is ugly. Maybe make it one line or something, but it needs to change.
  • think about using different fonts (I sure am having trouble with fonts on this.
  • too pretty or something? someone mentioned this, and I wrote it down, but looking at it now I have not idea what it means. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment