This is the person that I chose for the second image project. His name is Vladmire Nabokov (for fun, he's his name in russian: Владимир Владимирович Набоков!), and he's a pretty interesting fellow!
Vladmire Nabokov is a primarily recognized for is work as an author. His works include Pnin, Lolita, The Real Life of Sebastian Knight. Besides being a prolific writer, he had a lot of other interests and skills. He was an entomologist, and collected and identified butterflies. He was a skilled chess player, and also trilingual. He taught literature as well as languages, tennis, and boxing. What a well-rounded guy! Anyway, here are some of the items I was thinking about:
- butterflies (maybe fake from a craft store, pinned to corkboard?)
- insect books
- bug box
- chess set
- owl ( he used a pen name that mean owl for a while)
- teaching materials
- a book he's written
- Russian flag
- "The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible."
- "Literature and butterflies are hte two sweetest passions known to man."
- "Existence is a series of footnotes to a vast, obscure, unfinished masterpiece."