September 5, 2010

Folly Poster Progress

YEAAAAAAH POSTERRRRS

So here are my three directions that I decided to go in for my rough sketches.

Personified with limbs
Upsidedown
Storm
As of this very moment, I'm still not sure what direction I want to go in. I really like all three, all to the same degree. I'll begin messing around with making some of them into more refined posters, and go from there. Here are some of my material tests:

The cut paper seems to have too much of a retro feel. But The magazine cuttings, with the bold colours and lines, work pretty well. Another option that I'll be exploring will be vector-based digital rendering. With such a contemporary group, and trying to appeal to the younger audience, vectoring will be an appropriate method of rendering, assuming I'm able to due the material justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment