While what we are doing are technically experiments, it really frustrates me and makes me nervous when I think about the prospect of them not going anywhere or failing completely. I've been working on several different works at once, trying to answer the questions that I posed at the beginning of the project.
- How can human interaction change the form or legibility of type placed in nature?
- How can time effect the state of type placed in nature?
- How can type be presented in nature to make people more aware of their environment?
- What kind of type can be placed in an environment without it effecting the well-being of the nature in it?
- How can nature be manipulated to form legible type?
- How can a font be made that expresses the environment it was created in?
- How can typography reflect the patterns found in nature?
- How can the unpredictability of nature be translated into typographic form?
- How can type emulate the symbiosis of natural and manmade elements?
- How can the passage of time evolve or devolve typography in nature?
As I continue to work on more experiments, I will also work on refining their quality, keeping them in a managable time frame, and trouble shooting to resolve and prevent problems found in the past experiments.